- California State University, Sacramento, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Science with emphasis in Geography
- Santa Rosa Junior College, Business Administration, Real Estate Certificate Achievement
A former wine industry executive with more than twenty years of experience in the wine trade from the production, wholesale, and retail segments, Ken held a number of executive positions with Kendall-Jackson Wineries between 1990 and 2000, including President of Majestic Marketing Group, the in-house company responsible for all sales and marketing.
During the 1980s, Ken was the corporate buyer for Safeway Stores/Liquor Barn, Inc. located in San Leandro, California, and specialized in buying direct from growers and suppliers in Bordeaux, Burgundy, Champagne, Germany, Portugal, California, Chile, and Argentina. Throughout his career, Ken spent time analyzing major vineyards in Bordeaux and Burgundy in France, the Mosel and Rheingau in Germany, the Tuscan region in Italy, along the Douro River in Portugal, vineyards in Argentina and Chile, and many of the vineyards and farm regions in California, learning the importance of selecting the right location for starting a vineyard or planting a farm. He sees his transition into the commercial real estate side of the industry as a natural progression of his wine and agriculture interests. In 1988, Ken was made a Commandeur d’Honneur de L’Ordre du Bontemps de Médoc et des Graves, Bordeaux, and has been a professional wine judge for the Sonoma County Harvest Fair, the Amador County Fair, the Santa Fe-New Mexico Wine Exposition, the San Francisco Wine Exposition, and the Wine & Spirits Buying Guide.
Business and Community Affiliations:
- Member of Bay Area Real Estate & Information Services, Inc. (BAREIS-MLS)
- Commandeaur d’Honneur de L’Ordre du Bontemps de Médoc et des Graves, Bordeaux
- Member/Sponsor of the Sonoma Winegrape Commission
- Member of Napa Valley Grapegrowers